This article will guide you through how to connect your DuraScan Socket Mobile scanner to a computer and where it can be used on app.BLAZE.me using a mobile web browser on an iPad.
- NOTE: To connect other models of Socket Mobile scanners, please refer to the Socket Mobile site.
Connecting the Socket Mobile to an iPad
1. If your Socket Mobile scanner has already been connected to a device, turn off the bluetooth connection with that device and factory reset the Socket Mobile scanner:
- Power on the scanner
- Hold both the scanner button & power button simultaneously until it beeps and turns off
- Power on the Socket Mobile scanner, the blue Bluetooth light should be blinking
If your Socket Mobile scanner is not already connected to a device, skip to step 2.
2. Using the iPad you wish to connect to the Socket Mobile scanner, open the App Store. Search and download the Socket Mobile Companion app.
3. Open the Socket Mobile Companion app, click Add New Device.
4. Select the DuraScan 700 Series.
5. Turn on the Socket Mobile scanner and scan the barcode listed on the Socket Mobile Companion app. Click the blue arrow in the bottom right-hand corner.
6. Open the Settings app and select the Socket D740 [xxxxxx] option in Other Devices.
- NOTE:If a Socket D740 [xxxxxx] is in My Devices, click the blue (i) button, and click "Forget This Device" and follow from step 5.
7. Reopen the Socket Mobile Companion app and click the blue checkmark in the bottom right-hand corner. To test the scanner, click the blue Test Scan button and follow the prompted steps. When done, click the blue Done button.
If the above doesn't work, try the steps below
1. Remove / forget any socket mobile device in your Bluetooth
2. Turn off, then turn on your socket mobile device and scan barcode below:
3. After scanning, turn on your Bluetooth and connect socket mobile device
Using the Socket Mobile with an iPad
In BLAZE Retail using a mobile web browser on an iPad, we have implemented the ability to scan barcodes to aid in transfers, product searches, and order fulfillment. The sections below are where the scanners can be used. Navigate to the desired section to learn more.