BLAZE Retail can sync your current product menu to Weedmaps! This allows you to update your menu in one place instead of jumping between websites, saving you time, hassle, and error.
This article will help existing BLAZE clients integrate with V1 Weedmaps. The process takes a few steps: retrieving an API key for each dispensary, syncing BLAZE Categories with Weedmaps Categories, and syncing desired products with Weedmaps. Navigate to the section(s) below for a step-by-step walkthrough.
- NOTE: WM will be phasing out V1 at the beginning of Summer and switching to V2.
Retrieving API Key from Weedmaps
NOTE: If you have a multi-location company, you will need to set up each Weedmaps account for each location, EXCEPT if you have Menu Override enabled for your account.
1. In your Weedmaps account, navigate to Manage My Business. Click the Edit button of the listing you want to integrate.
2. Click the Menu tab, then click the POS Integration / Integrated button.
3. Ensure no POS is connected, and copy the API Key listed.
4. Once you have the API Key, navigate to BLAZE. From Global Settings, select the Integration Settings section, and click the Weedmaps tab. On the Version 1 page, click the blue "Add Weedmaps Account" button.
5. Click the blue "Add Pin" button and enter in the Pin Name, Listing ID, and select Region. When done, click the blue "Save" button.
- Pin Name: This is commonly named after the Dispensary or Location/Region in Weedmaps.
- API Key: This is the API Key that is generated when you create a new Dispensary in Weedmaps. (https://weedmaps.com/new_admin/dispensaries)
- Regions: These options are defined and managed in BLAZE in Regions within the Company Settings section in Global Settings.
NOTE: If you want all of your inventories to display on Weedmaps, then leave the Region empty.
Syncing BLAZE Categories with Weedmaps Categories
Next, match your custom BLAZE Retail categories to the default Weedmaps Categories.
1. On the Version 1 Weedmaps page in the Integration Settings section, find the Manage Menu area.
- Click the blue "+ Add More" button to add a Category.
- Match each Weedmaps Category with your BLAZE Categories.
- Click the blue "Save" button.
- Repeat for all categories.
Syncing BLAZE Products with Weedmaps
Once the categories are lined up, now it’s time to enable syncing on a per-product basis. BLAZE Retail gives you the ability to choose which products are shown on Weedmaps and which are not.
1. On BLAZE Web Retail, navigate to the Inventory section and select the desired Category.
2. Using the mass selector, select the products you want to show on Weedmaps. Click the "Select Action" button.
3. Use the "Select Action" dropdown to select "Change Weedmaps Status."
- A pop up will appear.
- Set the dropdown to "Active."
- Click "Save."
- You have now mass-selected products to be synced to Weedmaps.
- NOTE: If you selected all products to be active, remember to set any promo, sample, courtesy, or other products you do not want to display on WM to inactive.
4. Navigate to the Global Settings section, click on Integration Settings, Version 1.
- Click the Reset Sync button, then the Sync Menu button.
- Wait 30-45 minutes for your menu to display on WM.
Things to keep in mind
- If you'd like to have your product pictures show on your Weedmaps menu, please upload them to the appropriate product on BLAZE Retail (the default BLAZE images will not show up in WM).
- Making a product inactive on BLAZE Retail will remove the product from your Weedmaps menu.
- Set an inventory threshold for each product by navigating to Inventory > Product Profile > Weeedmaps tab. Remember to save, and repeat for the products you wish to apply a WM threshold to. There is currently no ability to do this in a bulk / mass fashion.