Blaze offers promotional settings under the Loyalty/Marketing tab.
Promotions act very similar to coupons.
Once in the Promotions tab, Settings to create and customize promotions will be available to edit.
Above are the options available to create and edit promotions.
1. Name: This is what the promotion will be named as in the system. NOTE: Even after a promotion is deleted, you will not be able to create a promotion with the same name because the system never permanently deletes anything.
2. Status: Toggle between an "Active" or "Inactive" promotion. When a promotion is Active, it will be available and ready to use. Inactive status will keep it saved in the system but unable to be used.
3. Promotion Type: Specify the type of promotion between 3 options: Product, Cart, and Delivery Fee promotion. Each option has different rules that are used to customize and target the promotion in the order based on the option chosen. See the Promotions: Rules for more information on Rules and Promotion Type
4. Stackable: “Stackable” allows the promotion to be used with other stackable promos. If a promo is not stackable, it would not be able to be applied to an order that you want to have multiple promotions applied to. Example: A first-time patient has a new member promo but also wants to get a buy one get one half off item. Both these promos would need to be stackable for them to both be able to be used at the same time.
5. Promo Description: Field Available to add notes or details about the promotion.
6. Promo Codes: Field for a code(s) that will turn on the promotion when entered into a promo code area at checkout or on an e-commerce checkout.
7. Required Code ?: Yes or No toggle for the promotion to require the code Promo Code entered in the field above to activate.
8. Available to Online Store: Allows the promo to be used in an Online Storefront. NOTE: Requires Promo Code turned on
9. Date range and Time: Field to allow customized dates, days and times that will constrain the promotion to the stores preference. NOTE: If left blank, there will be no time or date constraints on the promotion.
Promotional Settings Continued:
10. Max Available: When Enabled, allows the user to limit the number of times the promotion can be used.
11. Max Per Customer: When Enabled, allows limiting the number of times the promotion can be used by a customer. NOTE: Applies across multiple orders.
12. Enable BOGO (Percentage Only): Under Construction, leave as NO. For a guide on how to create a BOGO: Creating a Buy One Get One (BOGO) promotion
13. Discount Type: Choose between a cash ($) discount or flat percentage (%) discount
14. Discount Amount: If Cash type, this will be the dollar amount reduced from the order. When Percentage type, this will be the numbers from 0.01-99.99 (%)
15. Enable Scalable Cash Discount: (Only for Cash and Product Promo type) When enabled to yes, allows for the discount to apply multiple times throughout the order.
16. Restrict to Member Groups: When enabled, a drop down menu will allow the store to restrict the promotion to specified member group(s).