For Weedmaps V1, the API Key integrated Weedmaps with BLAZE. However, in Weedmaps V2, the WMID (Weedmaps ID) integrates Weedmaps with BLAZE.
This article will walk you through migrating from V1 to V2 of Weedmaps.
1. Setting up in Weedmaps
In order to start the integration, you will need your ID (Listing ID) that you get when you create a new Dispensary in Weedmaps.
NOTE: If you have a multi-location company, you will need to set up each Weedmaps account for each location, EXCEPT if you have Menu Override enabled for your account. Only set up ONE pin at a time.
- Navigate to your Weedmaps account.
- Under My Dispensaries, copy the ID from the desired Dispensary. Once you have the ID, click the Edit button.
- NOTE: If you have a multi-location company, you will need to set up each Weedmaps account for each location, EXCEPT if you have Menu Override enabled for your account. Only set up ONE pin at a time.
- Click the Menu tab, then click the POS Integration / Integrated button.
- From the dropdown, select BLAZE and click the green Save button.
2. Setting up in BLAZE
- Once you have the ID, navigate to BLAZE Retail. From Global Settings, select the Integration Settings section, and click the Weedmaps tab.
- On the Version 2 page, click the blue Add Weedmaps Account button.
- Click the blue Add Pin button and enter the Pin Name, Listing ID, and select Region. When done, click the blue Save button.
- NOTE: If you have a multi-location company, you will need to set up each Weedmaps account for each location. Only set up ONE pin at a time.
- Pin Name: This is commonly named after the Dispensary Name or Location (if multiple shops) in Weedmaps
- Listing ID: This is the WMID that is generated when you create a new Dispensary in Weedmaps
- Regions: Optional. These options are defined and managed in BLAZE in Regions within the Company Settings section in Global Settings
- NOTE: Only use this feature if you want to restrict what inventory displays to WM; the region set MUST match the region of the desired inventory to pull from.
- Set the Status to Active (This will disable Version 1 if that is already set up)
- NOTE: BLAZE recommends to keep this "Inactive" until all categories and products have been mapped out. This ensures that V1 is still live while setting up V2.
- NOTE: Before setting status to Active, unpublish all items in WM. If this step is skipped, duplicates will appear in WM.
- Click on the blue Authorize Token button to authorize the BLAZE application to sync with Weedmaps. This may redirect you to Weedmaps to login.
3. Mass Managing WM Menu in BLAZE
- Now follow from step 4, syncing BLAZE Categories with WM Categories explained in: Weedmaps Integration V2
4. Syncing Products in BLAZE to WM
- The ability to enable per-product syncing remains the same as in V1.
- On BLAZE Web Retail, navigate to the Inventory section and select the desired Category.
- Using the mass selector, select the products you want to show on Weedmaps. Click the Select Action button.
- Use the "Select Action" dropdown to select "Change Weedmaps Status."
- A pop up will appear. Set the dropdown to "Active." Click "Save."
- You have now mass-selected products to be synced to Weedmaps.
- NOTE: If you selected all products to be active, remember to set any promo, sample, courtesy, or other products you do not want to display on WM to inactive.
- Navigate to the Global Settings section, click on Integration Settings, Version 1.
- Click the Reset Sync button, then the Sync Menu button.
- Wait 30-45 minutes for your menu to display on WM.