This guide will walk a Manager through opening a Cash Drawer, closing a Cash Drawer, and a shift change for a given terminal. Overall there will be five steps you will need to take:
- Start a new Cash Drawer
- Print Day Summary receipt for the terminal - count and collect cash from budtender from the first shift
- Record the amount collected and close the current cash drawer for the first shift
- Assign a new terminal for the second shift
- Start the new Cash Drawer for the second shift
There are detailed guides that will walk you step-by-step below.
Opening a Cash Drawer:
- At the start of a shift, you will need to start a Cash Drawer to record the sales that happen on the register. To start a cash drawer, use your pin to access the home page.
- Using the navigation icons, tap on the Cash Drawer section of the app, and tap “Start Drawer.”
- Enter the amount of starting cash you have. This will create the drawer and record activity against it.
Closing a Cash Drawer:
At the end of a shift, managers will want to make sure each ending shift’s Cash Drawer is closed.
- To End the Drawer, have the current cashier log out to the Pinscreen. From there, use your manager pin to access the home screen of the app.
- The next step is to print the details of the drawer.
a. You can do this by navigating to the Settings and tapping “Print Day Summary.” This will give you a break down of total cash collected during that budtenders’ shift.
b. Count the cash that was collected by the budtender to ensure it matches the “Expected in Drawer,” in the details and on the “Print Day Summary” receipt.
*** If there are any differences, record that in the “Description” field underneath the “Actual in Drawer.”***
3. Tap “End Drawer” to finalize the drawer closing.
Shift Change / Change Terminal:
At the end of the 1st shift and the start of the 2nd, you will need to change terminals to start a new terminal for the 2nd shift. To do this, you will first need to close the cash drawer. Follow the instructions above to “Close a Cash Drawer.”
- To change terminals for the next shift, navigate to the Pin Screen of the iPad app.
- From there, tap Settings and enter your PIN number.
- On the Manager Settings screen, you will see a number of Available Terminals on the left side. Select the new terminal (ensure its highlighted light blue) and the applicable Assigned Inventory. From there, tap the "Save” button. This will redirect you to the pinscreen.
- The last process is to open a new Cash Drawer for the incoming shift. Please refer to the instructions for “Opening a Cash Drawer” above.