Propagation is the first part of the growing process. This is the initial propagation batch (also known as planting or plant group in Metrc (CA).
At this stage, in Metrc (CA), a batch/planting is considered to be 100 plants of less created from the same strain and on the same date.
Plantings can be added, viewed, or edited in this section.
1. Plants can be added either by clicking the green + Add Plants button in the upper right-hand corner or the small + next to the Propagation section.
2. A popup will appear. Fill out the following information, then click the green Start Plant button.
Source: Choose between Clone or Seed, depending upon what is started with.
- Strain : This is the strain that is used for the planting/batch.
- Quantity: In CA, there is a limit of 100 plants per planting. If a quantity of 100+ is entered, BLAZE will split the entered quantity into groups of 100 or less.
- Group: Optional, can be used across multiple plantings for common actions (+ = add group).
- Pot: This is the pot/container that is used for the plants.
- Birthdate: The date the plant was planted. The current date is generated by default.
- Cultivating Area : This is the cultivation area that the planting/batch is planted.
- Zone : This is the zone that the planting/batch is planted.
- Subzone : This is the subzone that the planting/batch is planted.
- Mother ID: ID number of the mother plant.
- Metrc Tag: Will only appear if Metrc has been enabled (CA only).
NOTE: If the quantity is larger than 100, a popup will appear asking permission for BLAZE to split up into groups of 100 or less.
3. The newest plants go to the bottom, the oldest plants remain at the top.
Viewing Planting/Batch Details
To view the Planting's specific information, hover over the desired planting/batch. The following information will be displayed:
- Batch: Internal BLAZE identifier for the group of plants in the planting/batch
- Strain: The strain that is used for the planting/batch
- Group: Optional, can be used across multiple plantings for common actions (+ = add group)
- Plants: The number of plants in the planting/batch
- Days Remaining: Based on the pot size and the flowering strain
- Survival Rate: Rate of survival determined by how many plants are trashed vs alive
- Cultivation area: The cultivation area that the planting/batch is planted
- Zone: The zone that the planting/batch is planted in
- Subzone: The subzone that the planting/batch is planted in
- State License: The state license that is applied to the planting/batch
- Total Age: This is based on the plant's birthdate and the current date
Editing a Planting/Batch
To edit a Planting, click the small 3 dots. The following options will appear:
- Move to Vegetation: This moves the planting to the next stage in the growing process
- Split Plants
- Enter the quantity to split
- Enter the Metrc tag, if applicable
- Click the Split Plant button
- Change Location
- Select the Cultivation Area
- Select the Zone
- Select the Sub Zone
- Enter the Metrc tag, if applicable
- Click the green Change Location button
- Add Note
- Click the green + Add Note button
- Enter Notes
- Click the green Save Note button
- Add Image
- Click the green + Add Image button
- Enter image by either clicking the grey box or dragging the image into the grey box
- Click the green Upload Image button
- Trash Plants: This affects the survival rate
- Enter the number of plants to trash
- Enter Trash Notes
- Click the green Trash Plants button
- Delete: This kills the whole planting/batch
- Enter Deletion Note
- Click the red Ok button
- History: This logs any changes made to the planting/batch
- New value: The change that was made
- User: The user that implemented the change
- Date / Time: The date and time the change was made
To read about the next stage in the growing process, Vegetation, click here.