Through BLAZE, we help facilitate Metrc compliance. Our software does this by accepting inventory from a Metrc-compliant Vendor entered manually. Sometimes discrepancies occur within the inventory, the quantity can be corrected using our Inventory Reconciliation feature. With this logged inventory, BLAZE allows sales and refunds to be processed in real-time. Labels and batch barcodes can be generated using BLAZE in the Compliance section on the Web Retail app.
Navigate to the desired section to learn more.
Manually Adding Batches
Metrc packages can be entered into BLAZE manually. Follow the steps listed below.
- Navigate to the product to assign a Metrc package.
- Go to the Batches section of the product.
- Click Add Batch and select Metrc for the Tracking System field.
- Enter the Metrc Tracking Label Package ID as well as the rest of the batch/package information.
- Click Save.
- The new package is now in the BLAZE system.
Adjusting Inventory via Inventory Reconciliation
A key activity that all retailers go through is ensuring their inventory matches what Metrc shows. In order to keep inventory levels the same, it may be necessary to manually adjust the inventory in Metrc to match that of BLAZE. To do this, simply use the Inventory Reconciliation form as normal when processing an adjustment. The key requirement during the process is to Reconcile by Batch using the Simple reconcile method.
Once the manual adjustments have been made using the Inventory Reconcile form, submit the report and assign reasons for each adjustment and submit. After the form is submitted, BLAZE will send the delta for each product package to Metrc in real-time.
Labeling Products with Batch Barcodes
Labeling products is strongly encouraged when using Metrc integration. In BLAZE, labels are created based on product SKU plus their PackageID/Batch number. By labeling products immediately after receiving them, it helps ensure batches are properly accounted for during the checkout process.
- To create labels, first, receive or enter a corresponding package in BLAZE.
- Navigate to the product profile and select the Labels tab.
- Choose the proper package ID, select the label size and amount desired then click Generate.
- Print the generated barcodes by selecting the Print button.
Compliance Section in BLAZE
Due to Metrc’s limited API set, it is necessary to cross-reference BLAZE with Metrc often. In an effort to reduce the number of browser tabs you have open, BLAZE created the Metrc Batches section to display a READ ONLY view of current batches. This section is very useful when receiving new shipments. Quickly view all incoming product and batch/package information.
Metrc compliance is critical to maintaining compliance. While BLAZE does everything possible to simplify and integrate Metrc, there are some functions that need to be executed through Metrc. Specifically, accepting incoming transfers and setting up employees.