Connecting your Zebra to your Mac for printing labels through the Web.
Download QZ Tray
1. Navigate to qz.io
2. Upper Left click "Download"
3. Download QZ Tray V2.0.12 (Recommended Version)
(NOTE: Java may be required in order to download the QZ Tray. It will prompt you to download if you have not done so already)
Setting Up A Raw Printer in OSX
Follow the steps listed:
1. Open a Terminal window: ⌘(Option)+space
2. Type in search > Terminal
3. Copy/Paste: "cupsctl WebInterface=yes" in your Terminal and Enter
* This will return a single line code. Continue to step 4.
4. Click link http://localhost:631 to load the CUPS web interface.
*Enter your username and password or the root username and password to access this page.
Note: username and password can be found by going to:
- System Preferences
- Users & Groups
- Current user's name top left and the password for your computer.
5. Click the Administration tab > Add Printer
5. Select AppSocket/HP JetDirect > Continue
6. Connect the Printer USB to your computer.
lpinfo -v |grep usb
Paste > into the Terminal
The terminal should respond with something like >
7. Copy and paste this response into the Connection field.
8. Add Printer
- Name the printer ZDesigner
- Enter ZebraZD410 in the description field
- Enter MacBook or Mac in the Location field
- NOTE: Leave the "Share This Printer" box unchecked and hit Continue.
9. Make: Raw > Continue > Add Printer
10. Starting Banner: None
Ending Banner: None
Click Set Default Options
Adding a Printer Class
Adding a printer class allows the raw device to be listed in the System Preferences
1. Administration > Add Class
Name: must differ from the raw printer name chosen previously.
Description: This is what you will read in your system preferences printer name.
Location: Computer (Mac)
Members: Select the printer name you added previously.
2. Go to System Preferences and click on Printers & Scanners
- Select the printer is defined by the Class Name.
3. Now you can Navigate to BLAZE > Inventory > Print Labels
- Add a Querry
- Be sure your Layout is set to Zebra Labels
- Generate and then select Connect to Zebra (see pic below)
- Allow then you will see "Success Printer Connected"
- Print Zebra
Go to your QZ Tray up at the top of your Navigation Bar (Green Box) and click Reload.