Regions allow you to designate specific geographic areas that can then be associated with certain inventories for use with integrations like Weedmaps or to manage delivery taxes. This article will guide you on how to Create a Region, as well as Where and How to Use Regions. Please navigate to the section you wish to learn more about.
Creating a Region
1. In BLAZE Retail, navigate to Global Settings > Company Settings > Regions.
2. Click the Add Region button. Name the region, select the applicable zip codes, and choose a location(optional) for the HUB that will be servicing it, set the status to enabled, then click the Save button.
Where and How to Use Regions
Delivery Tax Rates
- Found in Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Delivery Tax Rates.
- Regions can be used in this section to distinguish between different areas (zip codes) with different tax rates.
- When a user with a zip code in one of the regions set places an order, they will be charged the tax rates that are set to specific to that zip code.
- Found in Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Inventories.
- Regions must be associated with Inventories to be used when integrating with Weedmaps.
- NOTE: Multiple inventories CAN be set to the same region.
- NOTE: Multiple regions CAN be set to the same inventory.
- Found in Global Settings > Integration Settings > Weedmaps.
- Regions can be used in this section to only display items that are available in the inventory that's associated with that region.
- NOTE: This is optional and NOT necessary to setting up Weedmaps.
- NOTE: Only one region may be set to each pin.
- NOTE: This does NOT need to match the region listed in Weedmaps.