Due to anti-spamming laws, and sending from long-code numbers (xxx-xxx-xxxx) vs short-code numbers (xxxxx or xxxxxx), SMS blasts need to be restricted to chunks of 2k or less recipients and need to be sent out with time in between. This article will guide you through breaking down your members into CSV's with 2k or less recipients and how to schedule SMS in hour intervals, to prevent being perceived as spam.
Creating Member CSV's
1. In BLAZE Retail > Report section > Administrative tab.
2. Click on the Export Member report and download it.
3. Open the report and a few other Excel or Sheets.
- Divide the # of total members by 2k, the rounded-up whole number will be how many new files to open.
- EX: 36k members / 2k = 18 files total
- NOTE: Remove the date at the top, but do NOT make any other changes to this file
- NOTE: Headers need to be included in the file(s)
4. Name the reports (1, 2, ... or 1-2k, 2-4k, ...) and Save.
Scheduling SMS Blasts
1. In BLAZE Retail > Loyalty / Marketing > SMS Marketing.
2. Click the Create SMS button.
3. Select Specific Members and click the Upload CSV button. Select the appropriate file and click the Next button.
- NOTE: Members who have opted out of SMS marketing OR have NO NUMBER will NOT receive a message
5. Select Custom for when you want to send this. Enter the Date (MM/DD/YYYY) and the time (HH:MM).
6. Repeat as necessary for the remaining files in hour intervals.
- NOTE: Scheduling in HOUR INTERVALS is MANDATORY to prevent being perceived as spam by our 3rd party messenger service, Twilio.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your shop being flagged / blocked by our 3rd party messenger, Twilio, and prevent your SMS blast from being delivered.
- If you believe your SMS messages have been flagged / blocked, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to "reset" your number.
- Until our Support Team has confirmed that your number has been reset, please refrain from sending more messages, as it is highly likely they will NOT be delivered by our 3rd party messenger, Twilio.
- BLAZE will not reimburse for any flagged / not delivered messages due to invalid phone numbers or failure to follow our SMS guidelines.