Q: Why do we need to import the customers from WooCommerce to BLAZE as the first step to activate the customers’ login?
A: This is necessary because the existing users in WooCommerce are not mapped with BLAZE and their existing password won’t work. Here are the steps that help the existing users to log in:
- Import Customers from WooCommerce to BLAZE
- Import process creates the corresponding member profile in BLAZE
- Send an email to all the existing users to reset their password (this is needed because import process doesn’t set a password in BLAZE for the users - they need to set a new password on WooCommerce so we can update the same password in WooCommerce as well as in BLAZE and allows the users again to log in on WooCommerce)
Q: What if I have 1000 members created in BLAZE and need them to use WooCommerce login
A: We don’t have a password field in BLAZE when adding a new member. Members in BLAZE can get an account on WooCommerce by using the “Forgot Password” link and set a password for WooCommerce. This will also import the user profile automatically from BLAZE to WooCommerce.
This will also work the same if you are going to create a new member in BLAZE and want to allow the user to have an account on WooCommerce as well.
Q: If I create a new user in Woocommerce, do I need to import the users again?
A: Yes. You need to import the customers again so it imports all the new users been created in WooCommerce and then follow the same steps from question 1 above. If we don’t do it, those users won’t be able to log in.
Q: What if I want to display my products, even when they're out of stock?
A: Navigate to [your-website].com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-settings&tab=products§ion=inventory
Once there you can toggle sold-out products to display, yes or no:
Q: Emails are not being sent when "reset password" is clicked, how do I fix this?
A: Dedicated servers like EC2 by AWS OR Digital Ocean don’t support mailing functionality by default, you either need to configure it or use a third party, like SendGrid.
Q: I'm having issues with my hosting site, GoDaddy, how do I resolve them?
A: Unfortunately, BLAZE does not support sites hosted on GoDaddy. We advise you choose a different hosting site for your online store if you'd like to sync it with BLAZE.
Q: How do I regenerate my BLAZE Online Store API key?
A: This process has a few steps in both BLAZE and WooCommerce:
- In BLAZE, navigate to Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Online Store
- Click the Edit button
- Click the Generate button
- Copy the generated key
- Click the Save button
- In WooCommerce, navigate to Settings > BLAZE API Key
- Paste the copied generated key
- Click the Save button
- Navigate to Plugins
- Deactivate the BLAZE plugin, then reactivate the BLAZE plugin