Q: If I have been using the BLAZE widget to host my online store, will my online customers need to reset their emails to place orders on my new Woo hosted online store?
A: Members can use the SAME email / PW combo to login and place orders on your Woo site as they once did on your Widget site. There will be no need to reset their password to place orders in Woo!
Q: Why do we need to import the customers from WooCommerce to BLAZE as the first step to activate the customers’ login?
A: This is necessary because the existing users in WooCommerce are not mapped with BLAZE and their existing password won’t work. Here are the steps that help the existing users to log in:
- Import Customers from WooCommerce to BLAZE
- Import process creates the corresponding member profile in BLAZE
- Send an email to all the existing users to reset their password (this is needed because import process doesn’t set a password in BLAZE for the users - they need to set a new password on WooCommerce so we can update the same password in WooCommerce as well as in BLAZE and allows the users again to log in on WooCommerce)
Q: What if I have 1000 members created in BLAZE and need them to use WooCommerce login
A: We don’t have a password field in BLAZE when adding a new member. Members in BLAZE can get an account on WooCommerce by using the “Forgot Password” link and set a password for WooCommerce. This will also import the user profile automatically from BLAZE to WooCommerce.
This will also work the same if you are going to create a new member in BLAZE and want to allow the user to have an account on WooCommerce as well.
Q: If I create a new user in Woocommerce, do I need to import the users again?
A: Yes. You need to import the customers again so it imports all the new users been created in WooCommerce and then follow the same steps from question 1 above. If we don’t do it, those users won’t be able to log in.
Q: What if I want to display my products, even when they're out of stock?
A: Navigate to [your-website].com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-settings&tab=products§ion=inventory
Once there you can toggle sold-out products to display, yes or no:
Q: Emails are not being sent when "reset password" is clicked, how do I fix this?
A: Dedicated servers like EC2 by AWS OR Digital Ocean don’t support mailing functionality by default, you either need to configure it or use a third party, like SendGrid.
Q: I'm having issues with my hosting site, GoDaddy / Wix / Shopify / Kinsta / Blue Host, how do I resolve them?
A: Unfortunately, BLAZE does not support sites hosted on GoDaddy / Wix / Shopify / Kinsta / Blue Host due to their policy with selling cannabis. We advise you choose a different hosting site for your online store if you'd like to sync it with BLAZE.
Q: How do I regenerate my BLAZE Online Store API key?
A: This process has a few steps in both BLAZE and WooCommerce:
- In BLAZE, navigate to Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Online Store
- Click the Edit button
- Click the Generate button
- Copy the generated key
- Click the Save button
- In WooCommerce, navigate to Settings > BLAZE API Key
- Paste the copied generated key and select the Verify the API key
- Click the Save button
Q: How do I enable/disable the Rewards field upon checkout?
A: This can be enabled/disabled in your Woocommerce settings "display reward field on Cart Page."
Q: How do I enforce delivery area restrictions for my online store so customers can ONLY place delivery orders to a specific set of zipcodes?
A: This can be enabled / disabled in BLAZE. Please do NOT set up in WooCommerce shipping zone settings. When enabled and set in BLAZE, the delivery zones will be sent to WooCommerce settings, and customer's with differing delivery zipcodes than the ones set in BLAZE will NOT be able to place a delivery order.
- In BLAZE, navigate to Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Online Store.
- Click the Edit button.
- Enable the setting "Enable Area restrictions."
- Add the desired delivery zipcodes to the Available Areas field.
- Click the Save button.
Q: What information is captured from the registration form using the BLAZE WooCommerce plugin?
A: The following information is captured from the customer using the registration field and is sent into BLAZE when the order is submitted:
- Email Address
- Type of Account: Medical or Recreational
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- DL No.
- DL Expiration Date
- Marketing Source: Options defined in BLAZE > Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Shop Information > Marketing Sources
- ID Image
- Email Opt-In
- SMS Opt-In
- Recommendation #
- Recommendation Expiration Date
- Doctor First Name
- Doctor Last Name
- Recommendation Website
- Recommendation Phone #
- Medical License #
- Recommendation ID Image