In order to create new packages in Metrc, you must first create a related Metrc items. Make sure that you have added the strain for the items first. To learn how to add a strain click here.
There are two ways you can create a Metrc item. You can do this from your BLAZE account or from your Metrc account. The preferred method is to do this from BLAZE to ensure the BLAZE product is properly linked for any packages created. We will go over both below.
Creating a Metrc item in BLAZE
Prerequisites. You should have:
- Create your BLAZE product
- The product resides in a BLAZE category that is linked to a Metrc Category
- Any strains required for the products are setup in BLAZE and Metrc
1. Log into your Grow sales using your email and password.
2. From the menu click the Compliance section and select Metrc Items.
3. Click the Add New Item button in the top right corner of the page.
4. Fill out the New Metrc Item window with the Blaze Product, Metrc Category, and Metrc Strain.
5. Click Save at the bottom to add the new item to BLAZE and Metrc.
Creating a Metrc item in Metrc
1. Log into Metrc using your email and password.
2. Select the Admin button from the black ribbon at the top of the page and click Items.
3. Click the Add Items button.
4. Complete the Add Items pop-up window by filling out the Name, Category, Unit of Measure, Strain, and Unit Weight.
5. Click the blue + button to add additional items and click Create Items when done. This item is now available in your Metrc account and will become available in BLAZE after the next sync.