BLAZE uses terminals to track inventory and cash drawers.
Terminal Types Explained
By Active Device Terminal
If you have a storefront with a few iPads with Budtenders that float between the different devices with fixed cash drawers, this is the setting for you.
To Assigned Employee's Terminal
If you want your employees to have their own cash drawers that record their specific sales, this is the setting for you. BLAZE recommends this setting to best keep track of specific employee activity.
To Assigned Terminal of Employee Who Completed the Transaction
If you want your device's terminal to be assigned to the employee who last completed the transaction, this is the setting for you.
Set the Shop Terminal Type
1. Navigate to Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Shop Information
- Click the Edit button
- Scroll to the bottom and find Terminal Sales Allocation
2. Select 1 of the 3 terminal types
- By Active Device Terminal
- To Assigned Employee's Terminal
- To Assigned Terminal of Employee Who Completed the Transaction
3. Click the Save button
Create a Terminal
1. Navigate to Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Terminals
2. Click the Add Terminal button
- Enter the name of the Terminal
- Select the Inventory assigned to the terminal
- Select the Check-Out type
NOTE: If unsure of the type, select the option that the other terminals are assigned to
- Set the status to Active
- Click the Save button
Assign a Terminal
1. Navigate to Global Settings > Manage Employees > All Employees
2. Find the employee to assign the terminal to, click the View button
3. Click the Edit button and scroll to the bottom to the page to Assigned Terminal
- Select the desired terminal
- Click the Update button
Q: I'm getting an error that says Terminal Reassignment Notice, what does that mean?
A: This means that another device is assigned to the terminal.
- Please place all orders on hold and stop using all devices
- One by one, with each device, check the BLAZE Retail POS app's settings to reassign one terminal to each device
- Repeat as necessary
Q: The terminal assigned to my profile changed! What happened?
A: There are a few explanations for this that usually have to do with the shop's terminal type
- If set to By Active Device Terminal, this happens often since the terminal is assigned to whoever is using the device
- If set to To Assigned Employee's Terminal, it's likely someone reassigned your terminal
- If set to To Assigned Terminal of Employee Who Completed the Transaction, this happens often since the terminal is assigned to whoever completes the transaction