Star TSP100 IIIW Wifi Printer Configuration
Connecting the Star TSP100IIIW Wi-Fi printer to your network, assigning a static IP Address, and configuring it to use with BLAZE POS on your iPad.
If setting up for the very first time, this printer will be on its own network and is not connected to the Internet. The first task is to get the printer configured on to your Local Area Network (WLAN).
Two options to connect your TSP100III to your iOS device:
Connecting by WPS
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) is a standard for making easy connections between wireless networking devices. Depending on the manufacturer, the buttons that have been displayed as "AOSS," "Easy wireless start," "JumpStart," etc, may also function as WPS.
- Press and hold the Pair button until the blue LED of the printer blinks (see the diagram below)"the printer's Mac address
- Press the WPS (or equivalent) button of the router.
When the printer connects to the network, the blue LED will stop flashing and become solid blue. The printer will print off its connection information including its IP Address.
Your printer is now set up on your network
Connecting by Ad-Hoc using IP address
- With the printer switched off, hold down the feed button while you switch the printer on
- It will print out something similar to the image below with the printer's own network (SSID) name listed and the printer's IP Address at the bottom
- Among the list of networks, you should see the TSP100III listed with the last six digits of the Mac address beside it (see below)
- Tap on the TSP100III network to join
- Tap Cancel, it's not necessary to change the password.
- Your printer is now connected to your network
- Go to your settings and connect to your network wifi
Configuring Your Printer on BLAZE POS App
1. Log into BLAZE POS app
2. Go to the settings (Gear wheel)
3. The app will search for available printers and show up as the (TSP100III-######)
4. Select the printer and confirm, then test print to ensure configuration
Contact Star Micronics if the connection is unsuccessful, as well as see other configuration setups below.
How to Reset TSP100III wifi Printer
If a new router is installed, a reset on the printer will be needed to work on the new network. After resetting, follow the instructions above in the Retail POS App | How to Connect Your Wifi TSP Printer to an iPad
Star Micronics Support Articles
Contact Star Micronics Support
Wifi > TSP100III W Online Manual