This article will guide you through how to connect your DuraScan Socket Mobile scanner to a computer and where it can be used on app.BLAZE.me using a mobile web browser on an iPhone.
- NOTE: To connect other models of Socket Mobile scanners, please refer to the Socket Mobile site.
Connecting the Socket Mobile to an iPhone
1. If your Socket Mobile scanner has already been connected to a device, turn off the Bluetooth connection with that device and factory reset the Socket Mobile scanner:
- Power on the scanner
- Hold both the scanner button & power button simultaneously until it beeps and turns off
- Power on the Socket Mobile scanner, the blue Bluetooth light should be blinking
If your Socket Mobile scanner is not already connected to a device, skip to step 2.
2. Power on the scanner. Make sure the scanner is discoverable (unpaired). The blue light should be blinking fast.
3. On your iPhone, enable Bluetooth. Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
4. Select Socket D740[xxxxxx] in the list of other devices found. After a few seconds, the device will connect and the LED will stop blinking and turn solid blue.
- NOTE: The characters in brackets are the last 6 characters of the Bluetooth Address.
5. Open app.BLAZE.me in a mobile web browser and you're ready to scan!
If the above doesn't work, try the steps below
1. Remove / forget any socket mobile device in your Bluetooth
2. Turn off, then turn on your socket mobile device and scan barcode below:
3. After scanning, turn on your Bluetooth and connect socket mobile device
4. This should show connection as a "Keyboard" and a solid blue light
Using the Socket Mobile with an iPhone
In BLAZE Retail using a mobile web browser on an iPhone, we have implemented the ability to scan barcodes to aid in transfers, product searches, and order fulfillment. The sections below are where the scanners can be used. Navigate to the desired section to learn more.
Here, we can scan batch barcodes and add the related batch for transfer from the inventory selected.
Products in Inventory
Here, we can scan the barcode and it redirects to the product detail page if the product exists. Otherwise, it will throw an error message.
When fulfilling transactions / orders, we can scan the batch barcode to fulfill a particular product. After fulfilling all the products in the cart, we can fulfill the completed order.
After starting / resuming a transaction from the POS section, we can add the product to the cart by scanning its batch's barcode.