Product Categories are used to keep your inventory organized. Categories in BLAZE® can be customized to match your needs and can be as specific as you need or want to make them. Every product in your inventory will need to have a category assigned.
When managing your categories, you'll see the following descriptors:
- Category Name: Chosen by the Retailer to describe the product group.
- Category Type: Either Cannabis or Non-Cannabis.
- BioTrack Category: Referred to in BioTrack as “Inventory Type”.
- Cannabis Type: Chosen by the Retailer to describe the product.
- Category Unit: Description of measurement on how the products in the category are sold (i.e. pre-packaged unit or by weight)
- Low Inventory Threshold (optional): A notification will be sent when the inventory count reaches the threshold value input.
Example of a BLAZE® category for flower products:
To create product categories, start in the BLAZE® Retail Shop.
- From BLAZE® Retail, navigate to Inventory and click Manage Categories.
- Fill in the top row of the Manage Categories table.
- Click ‘+’ at the end of the row to add the new Category.
To edit an existing product category, simply navigate to the category of interest in the table and change the name, category type, or category unit and select the save icon to save all changes. The save icon is the blue "page" next to the trash can (delete) button.
A product category can only be deleted if there are no products within the category. To delete a category, make sure any existing products are moved to a different category. Once this is done, select the blue trash icon to delete the desired category.