What is the Weedmaps Menu Crawler?
BLAZE and Weedmaps have integrated further to bring you a menu crawler that makes managing your inventory and product information on your Weedmaps menu easy. The crawler helps you maintain inventory and product information integrity so your menu is updated as changes are made via transactions, transfers, reconciliations, or adding batches.
The crawler allows BLAZE and Weedmaps to communicate back and forth to sync your inventory and product information with both systems. If you make a change in either the BLAZE or Weedmaps platform, the change will be recognized by the crawler and saved on your Weedmaps menu.
Although changes can be made in both BLAZE and Weedmaps to reflect your menu, it is recommended that changes be primarily made within the BLAZE system in order for the POS to remain as the one "Source of Truth" within the Crawler integration. Even though product changes can be made in Weedmaps, this should only be done when it is truly necessary.
NOTE: "Last write wins" meaning wherever the last change was made (in BLAZE or Weedmaps) to the product's specific detail will be what displays in Weedmaps.
How Does the Weedmaps Menu Crawler Differ from the Original Weedmaps Menu Integration?
Back and forth communication between BLAZE and Weedmaps to allow changes to be made in either platform
NOTE: "Last write wins" meaning wherever the last change was made (in BLAZE or Weedmaps) to the product's specific detail will be what displays in Weedmaps
NOTE: Currently, verifying products in BLAZE is unavailable for the crawler but is actively being worked on
WMID's no longer need to be stored in BLAZE unless using the online ordering feature.
WMID's no longer need to be re-authorized manually every 2 weeks
Inventory management now is in Weedmaps, not via Regions in BLAZE
Syncs cannot be manually triggered in BLAZE, the crawler checks the Weedmaps menu for major changes every few minutes and updates accordingly
Prerequisites for the Weedmaps Menu Crawler
Create a Developer Key (aka API Key) in BLAZE for each shop
Global Settings > Company Settings > Developer Key
Map your BLAZE categories to Weedmaps categories in BLAZE for each shop
Global Settings > Integration Settings > Weedmaps
Identify what inventories you want synced to your specific WMID(s) in BLAZE
Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Inventories
How to Set Up Weedmaps Menu Crawler in BLAZE
1. Ensure you have met the prerequisites above.
2. Send your Developer Key to your Weedmaps representative.
- Global Settings > Company Settings > Developer Key
3. Send your desired inventories to sync to your specific WMID(s) to your Weedmaps representative.
- Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Inventories
How to Set Up Weedmaps Menu Crawler in Weedmaps
1. Navigate to Weedmaps > Login > Avatar > Manage my business > Listing > Dispensaries OR Deliveries.
2. Click the Edit button of the desired WMID > Menu.
- Verify "Integrated with" is Blaze (Crawler)
3. Click on the POS Integrated button (or POS Integrate button if a POS is not currently integrated).
- Verify "Blaze credentials" is the Developer Key / API Key shared with the Weedmaps representative by clicking the icon
- Verify the "Blaze Inventory" information is the same inventory information shared with your Weedmaps representative
4. Repeat steps 2-3 as needed for each desired WMID to switch to the Crawler.
5. Manually re-verify products OR reach out to email@example.com to schedule a date for their team to verify your menu on your behalf.
NOTE: This is currently a closed beta period. If you are interested in this integration, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to an interested party list.