Creating a Dashboard
How to create a dashboard
A dashboard may consist of one or more tabs. When creating a new dashboard, you will need to start with a new tab.
- Click on the 3 Horizontal Lines
- Click on Create
- A popup for the dashboard will appear
- Dashboard Name: enter the name of the dashboard
- Default Data Set (Optional): select a view, data set, or leave blank
- Create New View: this option will take you to the dashboard canvas to create a new dashboard view
- Choose Layout: select the dashboard layout or the dashboard canvas (first option)
- Click on the Create button to continue
- The tab layout of your selection will appear in edit mode on the dashboard. Shown is the dashboard canvas. See Understanding the Dashboard Builder for details of the canvas.
- You can now create more sub-tabs, and add other dashboard objects to any of the sub-tabs via the left-side widget navigation Dashboard Sub Tabs
- The dashboard builder autosaves the dashboard as a draft, as you continue to edit it
- View and test your dashboard in preview mode before publishing and sharing it. Click on the Preview Mode button in the top-right corner.
- You can go back to edit mode to make further changes, by clicking on the Edit Dashboard button in the top right corner
- Once the dashboard is ready, click on the Publish button to publish and share it with other users
NOTE: These property options will differ based on the selected dashboard template; the dashboard layouts will have limited property options, whereas the canvas will have all.
Name: This field contains the current name of your dashboard. Click on the field to update the name.
- Default Data Set: This optional setting lets you select a default view or data set for your dashboard.
Automatic filter linking: This toggle, which is on by default, lets you automatically link your dashboard filters. Dashboard Filters
- Filter Reset Control: This toggle, disabled by default, can be enabled so that the Reset button in a Filter Widget control panel will reset the entire dashboard to its original state. This will reset all filters and other dashboard interactions, including drill functions, applied by the user.
Left filters: This toggle, disabled by default, can be enabled to hide or display the button for left side navigation filters on your dashboard. When enabled the following toggles become available:
Hide Reset Link: Enable to hide the link to reset this panel of filters
Hide Control Panel: Enable to hide all the control panels on this panel of filters (Reset link, Apply button and the Refresh Cached Filters icon)
Auto run filters: Enable to automatically run reports when filter values are selected or changed, without having to use the Apply button.
- Make Content Sticky: This toggle, disabled by default, can be enabled to keep any global content containers (filters, associated reports, etc) fixed in position so they're always visible when scrolling through dashboard content — effectively locking the global content container content to the screen. Content is sticky in preview and publish modes, but not in edit mode.
- This option is not available in Internet Explorer (the browser is no longer supported).
- This option is not supported in full-screen mode.
- Content containers will display a scrollbar if they contain too much content to display on your screen.