There are three popular ways to conduct your delivery business
The 3 popular ways to conduct a delivery service are ice cream truck, pizza delivery, or a hybrid of the two.
- Ice cream truck entails that the driver carries their own inventory that they pack orders from.
- Pizza delivery entails that the driver only delivers already packed orders (generally packed by a dispatcher).
- A hybrid of the two would combine both models: Drivers leave with X number/dollar amount worth of pre-packed orders and after/while running those deliveries, may remain out in the field to accept new orders from dispatch that they pack themselves from their mobile inventory set.
- The ice cream truck model increases liability due to your driver carrying their own inventory around.
- However, all methods work with BLAZE.
1. Enable the Delivery Queue
- Navigate to Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Shop Information. Click the Edit button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to Queue Management and enable the Delivery Queue.
2. If using the ice cream model, create specific Inventories for your drivers
- Navigate to Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Inventories. Click the Add Inventory button.
- Enter the name of the inventory and set the status to active, then click the Save button.
- The name can be general, "Kit #1," or specific, "Joe's Box."
- Regions are optional. They must be created before they can be used.
3. Assign the created Inventories to Terminals
- Navigate to Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Terminals.
- If the terminals need to be added, click the Add Terminal button. If terminals exist, click the Edit button next to the desired terminal to modify.
- Enter the Terminal name, set the Assigned Inventory to the inventory created, and set the status to active.
4. Assign Terminals to your drivers
- Navigate to Global Settings > Manage Employees > All Employees. Click the View button next to a specific driver's profile.
- Click the Edit button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Terminal to associate with their account. Click the Save button.
- NOTE: If not done so already, ensure the checkbox of "Is Driver" selected.
5. Transfer products into the delivery Inventory
- Navigate to Inventory > Transfer Inventory V1 or V2.
- For V1, follow the steps listed here. For V2, follow the steps listed here.
6. Create orders within the Dispatch section and assign them to your drivers out in the field
- Follow the steps listed here.