Connecting your Zebra to your Mac for printing labels through the Web.
NOTE: Bluetooth printing is not supported.
NOTE: For Zebra printers, make sure you have the 203DPI model
Download QZ Tray
1. Navigate to qz.io
2. Upper Left click "Download"
3. Download QZ Tray (Latest Version)
NOTE: Java may be required in order to download the QZ Tray. It will prompt you to download it if you have not done so already
Setting Up A Raw Printer in MacOS
Follow the steps listed:
1. Open a Terminal window: ⌘(Option)+space
2. Type in search > Terminal
3. Copy/Paste: "cupsctl WebInterface=yes" in your Terminal and Enter
* This will return a single line code. Continue to step 4.
4. Click link http://localhost:631 to load the CUPS web interface.
*Enter your username and password or the root username and password to access this page.
Note: username and password can be found by going to:
- System Preferences
- Users & Groups
- Current user's name on the top left and the password for your computer.
5. Click the Administration tab > Add Printer
6. Select AppSocket/HP JetDirect > Continue
7. Connect the Printer USB to your computer.
Copy > lpinfo -v |grep usb
Paste > into the Terminal
The terminal should respond with something like >
8. Copy and paste this response into the Connection field.
9. Add Printer
- Name the printer ZDesigner
- Enter ZebraZD410 in the description field
- Enter MacBook or Mac in the Location field
- NOTE: Leave the "Share This Printer" box unchecked and hit Continue.
10. Make: Raw > Continue > Add Printer
11. Starting Banner: None
Ending Banner: None
Click Set Default Options
Adding a Printer Class
Adding a printer class allows the raw device to be listed in the System Preferences
1. Administration > Add Class
Name: must differ from the raw printer name chosen previously.
Description: This is what you will read in your system preferences printer name.
Location: Computer (Mac)
Members: Select the printer name you added previously.
2. Go to System Preferences and click on Printers & Scanners
- Select the printer is defined by the Class Name.
3. Now you can Navigate to BLAZE > Inventory > Print Labels
- Add a Querry
- Be sure your Layout is set to Zebra Labels
- Generate and then select Connect to Zebra (see pic below)
- Allow then you will see "Success Printer Connected"
- Print Zebra
Go to your QZ Tray up at the top of your Navigation Bar (Green Box) and click Reload.